I remember my firstborn's face up so clearly from that first ultrasound — his sweet lips, his turned upwardly nose, his big eyes, and the tiny fist of fingers that never moved from his mouth. I felt like I knew him instantly when he was born considering I'd already "met" him.

This 2nd time around, our babe'south been a bit photographic camera shy to say the least. After both the large anatomy scan and a bonus ultrasound, we had still yet to run across what our baby looked like. After the third ultrasound, where the face was finally revealed, I can't say the same near "coming together" my second kid like I did with my firstborn.

'When the face up was finally revealed, I tin can't say the same about "coming together" my 2d child like I did with my firstborn.'

I've been carrying this growing child for 8 months now, nonetheless I still can't relate to him/her at all. I don't know if it's because I was expecting to run into my son's face reflected in this baby or not, only as soon as I saw the ultrasound photo, I felt like there was a stranger within me. In the midst of feeling similar a horrible mother and homo, I stole a sideways glance at my husband and immediately saw in his eyes that he felt it, too.

I know information technology'due south completely normal to non feel an instant bond and connexion with your baby during pregnancy, and even right after. It can have time and accommodation to actually, truly fall in love.

Just here I am viii months significant and what bond I did have with my growing baby feels like it was ripped away from me, all considering of an innocent ultrasound.

You would recall, if annihilation, an bodily photographic glimpse of your child would aid build the bridge that lets you connect and identify with your babe, simply for my hubby and I, it was the exact opposite.

Perhaps it's considering it took almost the entire pregnancy to lay eyes on more than just a spine or elbow, or perhaps it's the fact that the only experience I've had in the earth of ultrasounds is the face up of my offset child and this was not him.

Whatever the reason, I suddenly feel completed disconnected and physically separated (as impossible as that sounds) from this baby growing inside me.